For an electrical contracting company, we help by creating a new website to replace an existing legacy infrastructure that is bound to hosing and support. WordPress frees up a website and to be hosted on the best platform available. Our designs are clean, responsive, informative and user-friendly.
In the case of the spec we recieved, the existing website contained the following functions & features which will need to be duplicated by the new site:
- ~17 informational pages detailing company services & projects
- We suggest possible addition of child pages providing more information on individual services & projects
- Blog page & migration of ~25 posts
- Contact us page
- Chatbot integration
- Social media follow buttons
- Newsletter signup area
Web321 proposes to build using WordPress, the most powerful, elegant content management system (CMS) available on the web today. WordPress currently powers over a third of all websites on the internet, including big names like Disney, Sony & Target.
The site will be themed using the Divi theme system (the most widely-used premium WordPress theme and website building framework). Divi is a user-friendly, endlessly flexible website scaffolding & design system that allows Web321 to build sites faster and with built-in responsiveness for all screen sizes.
As with all our builds, Web321 will ensure that the site is secure, easy to update, high-performance and search-engine compliant. To create the desired functionality, Web321 will deploy the following integrations and premium plugins on the site:
- Gravity Forms & Advanced Custom Fields to allow a more dynamic collection and display of information on the site
- Tidio Chatbot & Live Chat to carry over the chat functionality from your pre-existing site
- Google Analytics will be deployed to track and understand website traffic trends
We include as part of our development & maintenance services access to our premium plugin licenses as long as you remain a Web321 subscriber. Should you choose to part ways with Web321 at the end of your contract, you will need to renew these licenses at your own cost going forward.
Web321’s payment model allows clients to get a design discount based on the duration of the support commitment. The support agreement bundles in the cost of your premium plugins, site maintenance and content update fees.
WordPress support plans include the following maintenance features:
- daily site backups, stored for 90 days
- uptime monitoring & immediate site recovery
- ongoing core, theme & plugin updates
- 24/7 security monitoring & malware cleanup
- Google Analytics and Google Page Speed setup & reporting
- keyword tracking for up to 50 chosen keywords
- ongoing SEO & site speed optimization as needed
- unlimited small (30-minute) tasks (content updates, add new RVs, image optimization, plugin installation, etc.)
If you’d like to see everything that’s included in this plan you can view it here: https://web321.co/services/plans-pricing/
When the contract term is up, you’d have the option to keep it going on a month-to-month basis, and as part of that, we would include a complimentary complete design refresh on the site every 3 years. Otherwise, you could terminate the contract and either move maintenance in-house, to a provider of your choice, or we could continue to provide a la carte support at our current support rate.
We do strongly recommend some kind of ongoing site support, as neglected software updates can leave your site open to exploits, and a lack of proper backups & security checks can mean months of lost updates and work by your staff if there’s a problem.
For companies with legacy systems, we wanted to advise that, should a client choose to leave Web321 before the contract is up, our client will be able to take their site to another provider after paying out the balance of fees. WordPress sites are built to be extremely portable and can be hosted almost anywhere.
Since we operate on a lease-to-own model, we will simply bill you for the remaining balance of your website design fee (available from us at any time upon request) and the site and all its assets will be released to you. See our FAQ for more info on this as well as how our design and revision process works to ensure you’re satisfied.