Growth Hacker / Marketer
Do you love numbers and metrics, getting results and being part of a success story? Are you excellent at getting brands’ names on the tip of everyone’s tongue? Are you a skilled communicator, great with people, and have a healthy sense of humour about life?
Web321 is looking for a proven, ambitious, tenacious Growth Hacker / Marketing Contractor to join our small team, and we want to hear from you. We are a young, growing WordPress web design company seeking to market our B2B product offerings to SMEs in Canada and the United States. We offer website maintenance, website design, plugin development and managed hosting, and would like to focus on attracting new website maintenance plan clients to provide a predictable base of recurring revenue. We need your help to get the word out to business owners who would benefit from our services.
As a small and agile micro-business, we offer you an excellent opportunity to use your skills and ingenuity to help us build brand prominence from the ground up. We’re more concerned with the outcome than the path we take to get there, so we’re open to your ideas on achieving this. Bottom line: we’re looking for someone who’s done this before and can use their ingenuity and experience to aggressively drive for positive results and revenue growth.
Your job will have two main components: first, you’ll help us analyze and refine our product features and mix to ensure we’ve nailed our product-market fit. Then, you’ll help us research and execute smart strategies to reach our target audience and drive sales while making efficient use of a limited “startup” marketing budget.
This full-time contract position offers competitive compensation and a generous recurring commission on every lead you send us that converts to a sale. Your compensation will be set up so that as we grow, so does your income – it’s only fair! A high performer who drives significant revenue growth can expect to enjoy a long and fruitful relationship with us.
At Web321, you’ll work with a small team of friendly and fun-loving people who value humour, creativity, determination and a healthy work-life balance. While we’re looking for someone to work between 30 – 37.5 hours a week, we’re very flexible on when the work takes place. If you like to work nights or weekends, or need to work around your family responsibilities or medical needs, we can accommodate you.
You’ll be working remotely (so you’ll need to be self-disciplined and good at keeping yourself on-task with minimal oversight). You’ll keep in frequent contact with the team via email and Discord, and we can set you up on our Jira workflow-management software to track your progress on projects and tasks.
Interested? To learn more about Web321, visit our website at https://web321.co/.
While your job description and specific activities will evolve and develop over time as we work together, your job duties will likely include many of the following:
- Perform market research to gather data on consumers, competitors, and market conditions
- Research specific customer personas; identify pain points, needs, price tolerance, and opportunities for relationship-building
- Analyze our current offerings to determine if they answer the needs and pain points of our target market; or if they need adjustment
- Work with us to develop a comprehensive, lean digital marketing plan
- Brainstorm new ways to approach traditional marketing problems
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels, possibly including:
- Social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Article & authority marketing (blogs, webinars, podcasts, etc.)
- Question & answer forums (Quora, Reddit, etc.)
- Permission-based email marketing
- Online, radio & print advertising
- Analyse marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic, etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Assist in digital event planning and coordinating
- Generate and update marketing materials
- Regularly post and interact on social media channels
- Keep our website current and update the blog with new content
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate proven success in elevating the prominence of a brand and bringing in new sales as a direct result of their actions. A marketing background (diploma or degree with a combination of work experience) is required.
- Previous experience as a Growth Hacker / Marketer (or similar role) in B2B, preferably tech-focused, environments
- Specific case studies and examples of growth hacking successes leading to increased sales and revenue for previous employers/clients
- Effective research skills and demonstrated ability to distil & present relevant information
- Proven ability to develop and execute a marketing strategy
- Demonstrated ability to build a multi-channel online presence and drive customer engagement
- Ability to research article topics for authority marketing and provide prompts for use by AI and/or copywriters
- Understanding of how to navigate online forums to perform market research and answer questions, and carry out engagements with proper etiquette
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
Preferred (but not required)
- Experience building or managing a WordPress website
- Comfortable with Google Docs and the G-Suite
- Familiarity with Jira or similar workflow-management tools
- Creative problem solver willing to keep trying new approaches to see what delivers the best results, changing direction on the fly when necessary
- Professional, friendly and service-oriented
- Driven to deliver high-quality work
- Strong time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Willingness to ask for clarification if instructions are unclear
- Clear, ongoing and timely communication with teammates via email, Discord and Jira
To apply, send a link of a Google Doc version of your resume and your cover letter. Email those to our Careers Office.