Did you do a big spend this year to adapt to COVID-19. There may be money to help with the adjustment. The Canada United Small Business Relief Fund has received over $14 million in contributions to support small business recovery efforts.
Grants of up to $5,000 are available to cover expenses for personal protective equipment (PPE), renovations to accommodate re-opening guidelines and developing or improving website and e-commerce capabilities.
Enhancement of website/ developing e-commerce capability
Enhancement of website/ e-commerce capability involves developing or upgrading a website to better serve customers and pivot business operations as a direct response to Covid -19. Detailed description of enhancements must be provided including quotes where applicable.
Enhancement of website – Expenses can include:
- Creating or designing a website
- Hiring external staff for copywriting to write/enhance descriptions found on the website
- Having professional photos taken for products
E-commerce capability – Expenses can include:
- The one-time set-up fee for online e-commerce transactions
- Monthly fees (from March to September 2020) to support new e-commerce set up. Costs must be incremental – monthly costs associated with pre-existing e-commerce platforms are not eligible.
- Webinar software to allow continued engagement with customers
- Hardware allowing for touchless payment
Ineligible Costs and Expenses
The following costs are ineligible and will not be considered:
- Consulting fees
- Business plans/strategic plans/feasibility studies/strategies etc.
- Inventory costs
- Employee wages
- Existing operating costs
- Office furniture
- Laptops, headphones, printers, cables, etc.
- Third-party delivery transaction fees
- Renovations not required for social distancing
- Social media advertising, posts, marketing etc.
- Items purchased for resale
- Recurring subscription fees/services implemented pre-COVID-19
- General cleaning services
How to Submit an Application
All applications and supporting documentation must be completed and submitted online.
- Go to our web site at: https://occ.ca/canada-united-small-business-relief-fund/ and click on the link to access the application or you can also access the application by clicking on the application link located on your participating local or Provincial Chamber of Commerce’s site
- Read the eligibility criteria and conditions for participation
- Complete the form and click the “Submit” button. If the “Submit” button is not active, a required field has not been completed. Please complete the required field(s) and then re-click the submit button
You haven’t started on your re-tooling, but you need to do it? If you are eligible, you could use the Web321 Annual Plan. Of the web design plans available, we think we have you covered! If you want to lock in your website fortunes, we have a special offer meant to carry your business to the far side of the pandemic.
Our base price is $321 per month. Our annual price is $2999 per year.
Our special offer: We will give you that year plus:
The Ecommerce Booster
The Inventory Booster to digitize your catalog
The Backlink Booster to make your business easier to find
Do you hate paperwork? We will help you fill our your paperwork to apply for this relief.